The Second Legends Million Race is Set

CONCORD, N.C. (June 17, 2011) – The second annual Legends Million

returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway Aug. 1 and 2. The largest grassroots

race in history will once again offer the largest Legend Car and Bandolero

purse of the year, as drivers do battle on the speedway’s frontstretch

quarter-mile oval.

Registration for the Legends Million begins today and is scheduled

to close on July 18. The purse structure for the 2011 Legends Million will

be prorated, based on total cars registered, so competitors are encouraged

to register early.

“As the car count goes up, the purse goes up,” said Don Hawk, vice

president of business affairs, Speedway Motorsports, Inc. “We’re asking

competitors to get their registration in as early as possible so we can get

the purse locked in.”

In the inaugural Legends Million last year, Kannapolis, N.C., native

Daniel Hemric was victorious, taking home an unprecedented $250,000. More

than 300 drivers from 36 states and two foreign countries, ranging from 12

to 72 years old, registered for the one-of-a-kind Legend Car race.

“These are the race cars that launched the careers of NASCAR drivers

like Dale Earnhardt Jr., Joey Logano, David Ragan, Kurt Busch and Kyle

Busch,” said Marcus Smith, president and general manager of Charlotte Motor

Speedway. “The Legends Million is a great opportunity for fans to come to

the track and see the future stars of NASCAR compete in the largest Legend

Car race in the world. It’s also an excellent opportunity for young drivers

to get noticed and hopefully take their career to the next level.”

Registration links are available online at

http://www.charlottmotorspeedway.com and at http://www.uslegendscars.com. The cost to

register is $500. Competitors who purchase a new Legend Car from U.S. Legend

Cars International will receive free entry into the Legends Million.

Competitors participating in the Legends Million are registered in

one of three divisions: Young Lions/Semi-Pro, Masters or the Legends

Million, which is open to all drivers. Each division will run heat races and

an A-Main race, with the Legends Million A-Feature serving as the grand

finale of the two-day event.

Competitors will complete time trials to determine their starting

position in the heat races. Drivers will then progress to B-Mains based on

their finishing position in the heats. The starting lineup for each A-Main

will consist of heat race winners and the first-place finishers from the

B-Mains. A total of 30 competitors will race in the Legends Million

A-Feature event, which will be 100 laps with a 15-minute break at lap 50.

Bandolero Beginner Bandit, Bandit and Outlaw drivers will also have

the opportunity to compete in a Bandolero Triple Crown event, with heat lap

and feature events spanning both days.

The Legends Million is open to all Legend Car competitors, 12 years

of age or older and is not restricted by division. All minors 17 and younger

must complete a minor waiver, which is available for download at

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/waivers.

For additional information on the Legends Million, visit

http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or call the Charlotte Motor Speedway events

department at (704) 455-3205. For more information about U.S. Legend Cars

International and Legend Cars, visit http://www.uslegendscars.com or call U.S.

Legend Cars International’s headquarters at (704) 455-3896.

Connect with Charlotte Motor Speedway on Twitter at

http://www.twitter.com/CLTMotorSpdwy or become a Facebook fan at

http://www.facebook.com/charlottemotorspeedway.

-30-

Advertisements

Jessie James to sing “The Star Spangled Banner” During AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway

DOVER, Del. – Southern pop artist Jessie James will sing the national anthem prior to the start of the “AAA 400” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 26. James’ recent single and upcoming album title, “Boys in the Summer,” was featured on the Billboard charts in several categories this summer, and she’ll also entertain fans with her hit song during pre-race for the AAA 400.
 
The 22-year-old Mercury Records recording artist’s self-titled debut album Jessie James produced the Top 25 pop and Top 20 dance hit, “Wanted” as well as “Blue Jeans,” which was featured on the soundtrack of the film version of the best-selling novel, “Confessions of a Shopaholic.” Besides her musical talents, James is also known for her natural beauty, as Maxim magazine listed her in their Hot 100 list this year.
 
Described as “southern pop,” Jessie’s music is a candid celebration of her pop and country influences. “I’ve wanted to do country music my whole life,” said James. “But I’m really inspired by the pop world as well. I love both Christina Aguilera and Shania Twain, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.”
 
For more information about Jessie James, including music videos, photos, and the latest news, visit her official MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/jessiejamesmusic.
 
James’ performance adds to the growing list of entertainment for fans surrounding three days of NASCAR events at the Monster Mile this September. For a full list of fan attractions, visit DoverSpeedway.com and click the “Sept. 24-26 race weekend fan activities and attractions” link.
 
NASCAR returns to the Monster Mile on Sept. 24-26, 2010. For more information, or to purchase tickets, call 1-800-441-RACE or visit DoverSpeedway.com.
 
# # #
 
Dover International Speedway is owned by Dover Motorsports, Inc. (NYSE: DVD), a leading promoter of motorsports events in the United States. DVD subsidiaries operate three tracks in three states, and present several hundred motorsports events each year. This includes 14 major, national events which include races sanctioned by NASCAR and the NHRA. Dover Motorsports, Inc. also owns and operates Gateway International Raceway near St. Louis, Mo., and Nashville Superspeedway near Nashville, Tenn. For further information log on to www.DoverMotorsports.com.

Two Rookies Get Their Chance to Shine

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (September 10, 2010) – In their quest to prepare for the 2011 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (NKNPSE) season, Spraker Racing will field two Chevrolets in the New Hampshire 100 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Thursday, Sept. 16. Northeast Modified driver Keith Flach will make his NKNPSE debut in the No. 08 Spraker Racing Enterprises Chevrolet. After his seventh-place finish for Spraker Racing in the Talladega ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards race this season, Scott Stenzel will return to Spraker Racing in the No. 37 Spraker Racing Enterprises Chevrolet.
 Keith Flach
Flach is a third-generation racer from the Northeast and regularly races at Lebonan Valley Speedway and Albany-Saratoga Speedway. His father and grandfather both raced and won track championships at Lebanon Valley Speedway. Flach scored his first asphalt modified feature win at Albany-Saratoga Speedway this June and currently sits sixth in the championship point standings. The N.Y. native also won twice on dirt at Lebonan Valley Speedway in 2007 and 2008.
 
The 24-year-old tested with Spraker Racing in a late model to get more seat time driving a stock car, as he has only competed in a modified car. Flach also has experience driving at a mile speedway. He has competed at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, N.Y. every October for the past six years. After a short learning curve, the modified racer got more comfortable driving on a mile track.
 
“I am excited to get the opportunity to race in the K&N Series,” explained the 24-year-old. “We need to make it in on time, and then hopefully, we can stay out of trouble. I look forward to the challenge of racing with a different kind of car on a mile track. Running at Syracuse helped me to get comfortable with a mile racetrack. At this kind of speedway with a different type of car, it will definitely be a big learning curve. We went to watch the K&N race at New Hampshire two years ago, so it is definitely exciting to race there. We are just hoping to go out, stay out of trouble, see what we’ve got and do the best we can. I know it will be a good piece. It will just be up to me to get used to it, and hopefully, keep it out of trouble.”
 
Scott Stenzel
Stenzel made his ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards debut with Spraker Racing in April 2010. The Orlando, Fla., resident qualified on time, fast enough for the 28th starting spot. Throughout the 250-mile race, he worked his way through the field to finish seventh.
 
Stenzel grew up in Minnesota and found a passion for racing early in life. He began racing go-karts at a track in his friend’s backyard. He spent his teen years racing anywhere from dirt to asphalt. After graduating high school, he focused on college, and after graduation, he started his own marketing business. Although his focus was elsewhere, he never lost his passion for racing. Approved for an ARCA license in 2008, Stenzel utilized his free time to rebuild his racing career.
 
In 2009, Stenzel joined “Yellow Stripes: Making the Driver,” which is a television series that takes viewers behind the scenes of the development of the next generation of racecar drivers. This partnership became the catalyst to rejuvenate Stenzel’s career and help others while filming it.
 
“Running with Spraker is a good combination,” explained Stenzel. “He has a lot of faith in me. When we came from a 28th starting spot at Talladega and finished seventh, that was a win for everybody. I am pumped up to race at New Hampshire. I have ran half-miles all my life and then went right into superspeedways, so running a mile next weekend will be a good testament to all of the half-mile racing I have done throughout the years. This will be good seat time for me.”
 

Jeff Spraker, owner of Spraker Racing, is looking forward to giving these two deserving drivers their first start in a NASCAR series. “We pride ourselves in helping racers get their breaks, and both of these drivers warrant the opportunity. I think the world of Keith and his family. He is a good racer, and I look forward to what he can do next weekend. We have run with Scott in the ARCA series, and he did a great job for us at Talladega. I hope that he can carry that over to a different arena, with a smaller speedway and different car. I am confident that both racers would do a good job for us and help us build for the future.”
 
Action begins Thursday, September 16 with practice and qualifying. The green flag for the New Hampshire 125 will drop Friday, September 17 at 5 p.m. EST. For more information about Scott Stenzel visit www.scottstenzel.com. For more information about “Yellow Stripes: Making the Driver” visit www.makingthedriver.com.

About Activ8 Communications
Activ8 Communications, based in Mooresville, North Carolina, specializes in public relations, marketing strategies, brand development and sponsor activation. With focus on NASCAR public relations and relationship building, Activ8 creates unique identities and connections for the drivers and clients under its umbrella.